Monday, August 29, 2011

Satisfaction : Possible?

It amazes me what it takes for some of us to feel truly happy. We are always yearning for more.

More money.
More clothes.
More shoes.
More channels.
More internet speed.
More quiet time.
More movies.
More gadgets.
More... More... More.

I admit to wanting quite a few things... New furniture, new appliances, a vacation, an add-on room to set up as a school room, and a few other things.

But, as I look at my children and what they want, I feel myself being needy.
My youngest just bumped her head, and all she wanted was a kiss on the "owie" and to have her hair "pet". My son and oldest daughter want to "learn" (school work... They just can't seem to get enough, and beg me for extra work every day, even when they have done 6 hours already). My middle daughter wants me to sing. Any song she hears, she wants me to sing.




I need to resolve to want less. I need to resolve to want more important things. Things that are as important to God as they are to me.

I want:

More knowledge of God's word.
More patience.
More love for others.

And less desire for physical belongings.

2 comments:

OurCrazyFarm said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! You have a gift for writing~ I enjoyed my visit:))

:)De said...

Hey Becca!

Nice to "meet" you. I understand the need to want less. I find that when I "want" less, God gives me more. I look forward to getting to know you.

Peace,
:)De